Friday, October 30, 2009

And Then There Were Three


Here is a recent photograph of three beautiful White Spruce located along the East side of our property toward the rear of the lot. Each tree is sixty years old, and they are roughly 55 to 60 foot tall.
Probably the compelling reason that the three of them look so good together is the fact that I have recently culled one, whose trunk is evidenced in the extreme bottom right corner of the photograph. Yes, I cut down trees. Number four was not quite as tall as these three, and rather spindly, with none of the sweeping branches of number three that you see in the photo. It looked rather ugly, and besides, I needed both a twenty foot heavy log, as well as a 10 footer for the treehouse. But bear in mind I am not entirely evil, as I have a plan, which will see a very nice tree that is situated very poorly to a much better location roughly 5 to 10 feet to the right of the recently felled number four.

No comments:

Post a Comment